Sunday, June 29, 2008
An All Time Classic, Espresso FLavoured Ladies' Finger with Mascarpone Cheese
1litre Whipping Cream
500gm Mascarpone Cheese
200ml Masala Wine
500gm Ladys Finger
1. Whip the cream and sugar in a mixing bowl till the sugar melted.
2. Then add mascarpone cheese and masala wine into the mixture.
3. Mix the Espresso and Kahlua together, and soak ladys finger and layer it in a chocolate mould with mascarpone misture for 3 layers.
4. Once ready chill it. Once it is hardm it is ready to serve.
A dessert to die for . . . Chef Simon Sim
Thursday, June 26, 2008
ARROSTO DI AGNELLO CON BROCCOLETTI ALL OHO OLIO E SALSA ALIO ROSMARINO
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB MARINATED WITH HARISSA WITH ROSEMARY BARLIC JUS
280gm Lamb Rack (3 ribs)
200gm Mash Potato
10gm Mint Leaf
10gm Chinese Parsley
10gm English Parsley
10gm Garlic Peeled
10gm Shallot Peeled
60ml Olive Oil
1. Blend all harissa herbs with olive oil til fine. Marinated it to the lamb for 2 hours.
2. Seal the lamb in hot frying pan and cook in oven to your doness.
3. Garnish with stach and vegetables on plate.
4. Once the lamb is cook to your doness, debone it and slice to presentation.
5. Pour the rosemary sauce and ready to served.
Another winning dish from Master Chef Simon Sim which me crave for more and more . . .
Monday, June 23, 2008
THIN SPAGHETTI WITH SHRIMPS, ZUCHINNI SAUTE IN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
80gm Tiger Prawns
40gm Green Zuchinni Slice
30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
20gm Garlic Slice
30ml Fish Stock
1. Boil pasta in hot boiling water for 7 mins.
2. Add extra virgin oil in hot frying pan than add slice garlic into it.
3. Wait till garlic is golden brown than add prawn and zuchinni to saute till medium cook.
4. Add flour and glaze with white wine.
5. Add fish stock and season to taste. Simmer 1 min than add pasta to mix.
6. Add pasta is ready to served.
A lovely recipe from Chef Simon Sim
Monday, June 16, 2008
160gm Cod Fillet
100gm King Tiger Prawn
25gm Potato Pan Cake
Saffron Gogonzola Sauce
60ml Whipping Cream
20ml White Wine
10gm Gogonzola Cheese
15gm Green Zuchinni
15gm Yellow Zuchinni
1. Heat frying pan and pan scared cod fillet, king prawn and cook in oven
2. Pan fried potato pan cake till golden brown and place on plate
3. Pour whipping cream, white wine, gogonzola cheese and saffron into sauce pan and bring to reduce
4. Once cod fish and king prawn is cook, served on plate and garnish with vegetable and sauce on the seafood and ready to served
enjoy . . . Simon Sim
Monday, June 9, 2008
Chef Simon Sim a very humble chef, started at a young age of 19years old, worked as a kitchen helper and work his way up to become a Demi Chef at the age of 24years old. To explore the world, Chef Simon Sim found his way in Paris, one of the world's best cuisine. In his early 30's, Chef Simon Sim was back in Kuala Lumpur cooking his way in many type of cuisine such as Chinese, Thai, Tex-Mex, Italian and Mediterranean.
(Grilled Beef Medallion and Goose Liver with Boletus Mushroom Black Truffle Sauce)
Medaglione Di Manzo E Fegato DI Oca Con Tartufi
200gm Beef Tenderlion
70gm Goose Liver
25gm Potato Pan-Cake
15gm Green Zuchinni
15gm Yellow Zuchinni
20gm Cherry Tomato
100ml Beef Jus
2ml Truffle Oil
20ml Red Wine
1. Chargilled beef tenderlion till donennes, then pan fried goose liver and place in between two pieces of beef.
2. Pan fried potato pan cake and place on the plate and top on beef garnish with sauteed vegetables.
For sauce, sauteed porchini mushroom with truffles oil and glaze with red wine then add beef jus to reduce and ready to use.
I hope you will try Chef Simon's awesome recipe at your own kitchen and your own leisure. . . . . Sidney
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Palace of the Golden Horses, also tagged as the Asia's Most Extraordinary Hotal is world class award-winning luxury hotel with dedicated conference centre, located within the 1,000 acres of MINES Resort City and 25 minutes away from the city centre as well as the Kuala Lumpur INternational Airport in Sepang.
With a distinctive Moorish-Malaysian architecture and equestrian theme, the hotel is also Malaysia's first themed hotel with a lavish ornamentation inspired by Malaysia folklore. It is blessed with one of the most spectacular amalgams of landscapes and picture postcard view, first kind in this region.
Fruitti Di Mare Sambuca
(Julienned of Vegetables with Mix Seafood, Glazed with Sambuca)per portion
2gm Julianne Green Zuchinni
2gm Julianne Yellow Zuchinni
1gm Slice Onion
2gm Slice Tomato
1no Tiger Prawn
50ml Fish Stock
8gm Butter Unsalted
Season to taste
1. Melt butter in pot. Add vegetable and seafood to sweat.
2. Add sambuca to flambe
3. Add fish stock and bring to boil.
4. Season to taste and ready to served.
from Master Chef Simon Sim, Palace of the Golden Horses, MINES