Friday, August 3, 2007

Stir Fried Chicken with Sweet Basil

Sweet Basil with Chicken

I just love the smell of the sweet basil leaves. It gives such a fragrant and uniquely smell. You can find most Thai dishes consist of this sweet basil leaves. They really add flavour to any dishes. I found this leaves at SS17, Petaling Jaya wet market. They are sold in big bunch at a very reasonable and affordable price.

Usually the sweet basil leaves are used in scrambled egg as to give more flavour to the egg dish. As for myself, I use this sweet basil leaves for a chicken dish



Ingredients
300gm Diced chicken breast
50gm Sweet basil leaves
2bulbs Minced garlic
2tsp Fish Sauce
1Tsp Oyster sauce
1tsp Dark soya sauce
1 Cut chilli
1Tsp Cooking Oil
a pinch White Pepper
a pinch Sugar

Heat up the oil in the pan. When the oil is hot, put in minced garlic and half the amount of sweet basil leaves. Once the gralic is browned, stir in diced chicken. As the diced chicken is getting cooked, pour in fish sauce, oyster sauce and dark soya sauce. Stir fry the dish for few minutes. Once cooked, stir in the sweet basil leaves and cut chilli. Put in the white pepper and sugar. Now you can dish up the dish onto the serving plate.

Hope you will try this dish. It is simple, fast and yet will surprise you guest.

Regards Sid xxx.

5 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

Great recipe! I love chicken you can't beat fresh basil. Yum!

teckiee said...

Basil is good stuff! When I was young i couldn't stand the smell, but now more wai sek.. love it so much.

Rasa Malaysia said...

Your sweet basil leaves look so fresh! Coincidentally, I had the sweet basil chicken last night...it's a Taiwanese dish and called "3 cups chicken" literally.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I'd have to say ..if I had to make a choice.. basil would be my favourite herb. I gravitate towards anything with basil in cookbooks, restaurants and all your wonderful blogs. This chicken looks very tempting!!!

Debbie_YSL said...

Yummie..But how come got lot of sauce? Did u add water?