Thursday, November 22, 2007

"Lat Chi Kai" Dried Chilly Chicken

Got to say that Chef Steven's "Lat Chi Kai" is one of the most delicious shanghainese chicken dish in town. I had tried a few such as those at Jalan Ah Loy cooked by a chinese chef from China, verdict not too bad but still not that tasty. I had tried Dragon-I, verdict, great but too many dried chillies, tried De Hunan's at Khucai Lama, verdict, the chicken pieces are too small and hard (deep fried to long I guess).

This "Lat Chi Kai" consists of small cut of chicken meat and deep fried and a quick stir fried with dried chillies, whole garlic and ginger. Oh I got to say it is lovely and it can be eaten by itself, rice or with the company of a few pint of beer, a truely discovery of shanghainese dish.

If you are at Chef Steven Cheng's restaurant, do not miss this lovely dish. It is one of my favourite dish where I truely recommend this to you to try.

Yours Sunny Yaw

2 comments:

beachlover said...

Lat chi kai!! mana recipe?.I love this dish already,name also spicy!!!hmmmm..too bad I'm too far away,if not I'm there now chowing Lat Chi Kai better than Turkey!!

I Cook4Fun said...

My gosh, this dish look soooooooooo good. Yeah, mana recipe :) :) Can I go to Chef Steve restaurant when I go home and he can cook this for me ?