I love this type of fresh soft shell clams. They are huge compare to the normal clams that we see in the wet market. The shells are soft and fragile. The meat texture is good and foremost they are fresh and alive!
20-25pcs Soft shell clams
1inch Fresh ginger
1/2litre Chicken broth
1tsp sesame oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
1. Wash and clesn the soft shell clams.
2. Cut the ginger into matchstick size.
3. Marinate the soft shell clams with sesame oil,salt, pepper and fresh ginger for 10mins.
4. Heat up the chicken broth till boiled, place the soft shell clams in for 5-10mins.(Not to long)
5. Serve on a big soup bowl.
I like this dish as you can taste the sweetness and the freshness from the clams and the broth.