Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wine & Dine in The Kitchen with Master Chef Ricky Parlanti

DSCN5931

Few weeks ago I was invited by the CAVALLINI'S Kitchen to attend a dine in the kitchen wth Master Chef Ricky Parlanti. I am sure a lot of us foodies know who he is, YES, he was the owner and operator of The Mangotree Restaurant that swept Kuala Lumpur over the past fifteen years and also a high profile chef in the Kuala Lumpur food scene. He was awarded The Best Chef in Malaysia(Expatriate) Award in the Millennium Gold Awards 2001/2002. His most recent accolade was the Hospitality Personality Asia Platinum Award 2005/2006 for Excellence in Hospitality Personality Chef of The Year. Since I got the chance to bring a few friends, I invited my readers to come along, Kenny Mah, Jennifer and Hwei Ming.


DSCN5916

Here is the feast of the night, awesome delicious! and now let me introduce to you one by one the creation of Master Chef Ricky Parlanti.

DSCN5862

Firstly, we were given a very very small portion of cooked angel hair pasta toasted with olive oil, diced tomatoes and slices of beef bacon. I think this was why the portion was so so small, it was a Amuse Bouche . . . something light to wash our mouth while waiting for the other delicious meal to come.

DSCN5857

Oh boy this entrement got everyone shouted with desire of wanting more and the joy of indulging into it was purely unforgettable. This dish was called "Tramezzino Di Fegato Di Anatra" and translated as "Quince Coated Duck Liver with Creme Fraiche on Melba Toast Slices and Crispy Mediteranean Grilled Vegetables". I got to tell you the duck liver was such a great experience as it was so deliciously fragrant. I got to say I had fall in loved with duck liver long time ago since I was exposed to the chinese duck liver wax sausages but this duck liver was even much superiorly done! The guests followed the way I ate, rubbed the left over sauce with delicious italian bread. It was so yummy and I felt the wolf inside me.

DSCN5854

Thank you God it's PORCINI! Yes we served with "Zuppa DI Funghi Porcini" translated as "Cream of Wild Boletus with Fresh Herbs and Shiitake Mushroom". In this soup, there were fresh frozen Porcini, wow! I was singing the classic opera on the spot, how can't I not? It was so awesome!

DSCN5842

When I was passing by the hot stove just not far from me, I saw this huge succulent scallops. It was so irresistable of not salivating and sucking back my saliva. I was fighting off from being a bad boy. As I went back to my sit, came this "Capasante Al Pizzaiola" translated as "Lightly Sauteed Scallop and Fresh Basil Shallow-Fried with Piquant Pizzaiiola Sauce". Come let me whisper into your ear about my findings . . . the scallop was so perfectly done, so succulent and so juicy, it melted my heart away and it was unbelieveable.

DSCN5974

This is strange, we were served Mango Sorbetto! hmmm . . . I was informed that it was for the purpose of washing our mouth before the main course. The was great and yet to my discovery the sorbetto was drizzled with a shot of rum, boy this was shocking delicious and wouldn't mind to have more.

DSCN6004

Our main was "Cotolette Di Angello All Abbruzzese" translated as "Roasted Rack of Lamb on a Stew of Garlic, Tomato, Parsley and Fresh Basil". I liked this lamb as it was done exactly medium rare, tender and nice.

DSCN5981

"Filetto Di Manzo Al Barolo E Dragoncello" translated as "Sauteed Fillet of Beef in a Barolo Wine Sauce, Flavored with Tarragon and Topped with Balsamic Flamed Asparagus" was our second main course dish. The Fillet was done so perfectly and the textured was so good as it straight melted in our mouth, all of us just loved it.

DSCN5845

The last main dish was a duckling story called the "Petto Di Anatra All Arancia" translated as "Duck Breast in an Orange and Carmalized Brandy Sauce with Green Peppercorns". It was fantastic, the duck was cooked perfectly and complimented well with the fragrant orange and brandy sauce.

DSCN5909

Our dessert, was just like having Chirstmas in Heaven! It was "Cannoli Alla Siciliana" translated as "Sweetened Ricotta Cheese with Candied Fruits and Rolled into Crispy Light Shells". It was so beautiful, colourful and so attractive like the one sitting next to me! It was awesome delicious aa it came with fresh fig too! truely heaven!

It was such an exciting experience of food exploration and able to dine & wine with the Master Chef Ricky Parlanti was really awesome and I will definitely have another date with him in the kitchen soon.

Read more about experienc with Ricky: Parlanti:

Hwei Ming

Kenny Mah

If you want to join me on a food exploration, do email me, I will let you know when next . . . . Sidney

5 comments:

Dee said...

All my favourite things, wow!
What's a food exploration by the way?

Cynthia said...

Each dish seems tastier than the next. You are so lucky!

boo_licious said...

what's Parlanti up to, now that Mango Tree has closed?

Big Boys Oven said...

dee:
Food exploration means in search of food!

cynthia:
We were very lucky indeed!

boo_licious:
Ricky seems to travel a lot abroad to do food consultation.

Unknown said...

wow, i was so proud to work direct under him in the mango tree!