Master Chef Tony Gao from Guangzhou, China is an authentic Teochew cuisine chef with more than 20years of experience and started cooking at the age of 17years old. His appreciation for pure, simple and fresh ingredients is translated into delectable signature dishes that he carefully prepares. Currently he is a visiting master chef at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur from 1st till 10th May, 2008.
PAN-FRIED OYSTER IN TEOCHEW STYLE
200gm Fresh baby oysters
15gm Spring onions
3nos Chicken egg
150gm Local potato starch
2tbsp Fish sauce
1tbsp Chilli sauce
1. Clean the shelless fresh oysters and drain off excess water. Set a side.
2. Marinade with spring onions, egg and starch.
3. Heat some oil in the wok, wok-fry all ingredients in an oval shape.
4. Beat egg and pour on the side of the oysters. Pan-fry it until cooked.
5. Serve with fish sauce and chilli sauce as condiment.