Master Chef Tony Gao from Guangzhou, China is an authentic Teochew cuisine chef with more than 20years of experience and started cooking at the age of 17years old. His appreciation for pure, simple and fresh ingredients is translated into delectable signature dishes that he carefully prepares. Currently he is a visiting master chef at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur from 1st till 10th May, 2008.
TAI JI VEGETABLE BROTH
700gm Sweet potato leaves or spincah leaves
2kg Superior chicken stock
200gm Minced chicken
50gm Chicken Ham
100gm Superior potatoes starch
1. Blanch the spinach leaves for few seconds then chill in ice water.
2. Heat up some chicken oil and wok-fry the vegetables until fragrant. Set a side.
3. Blanch the minced chicken. Set a side.
4. Seasonthe superior chicken stock with remaining ingredients under medium heat. Add the vegetables. Gradually add the superior starch that has been mixed with water, slowly untilthe broth thickens.
5. Lastly add shredded chicken and ham, simmer for a while and serve in individual bowls.